Veal with wine and mushrooms stew2016-03-25
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
(For 6 people)
1 kg of veal or beef for stew, cut into large blocks (about 5 cm approx.)
200 g of chanterelles
200 g of chanterelles (you can put other mushrooms to taste)
500 ml of decent red wine
250 ml vegetable broth
2 medium onions
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chopped black chocolate (could be with lactose)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Flour (corn flour if you cannot have gluten)
1. If you can, put to marinate the meat in a tupperware with wine, oregano and some salt the night before and leave it in the fridge (not essential, but it gives a point).
2. Chop the onion and put flour into a bowl. Drain well and dry meat a bit with paper towels, reserving marinade of wine.
3. Make medium heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot. Pass the meat in flour and go dorándola in batches. Book it on a plate.
4. In the same pan, saute the onion about 25 minutes over low heat. Finely chop one of the garlic cloves and add it. Saute 5-10 minutes, until the onion is very soft, careful that the garlic does not burn.
5. Moisten with wine and broth with oregano, add the meat and cook covered over low heat for an hour and a half, until the meat is tender (this phase can be accelerated in the pressure cooker, adjusting time according to the manufacturer’s instructions). Make sure that no liquid falls short: if that happens, add more broth or water.
6. Chop very fine the other garlic clove. Wash, chop in thick and spread the mushrooms with a little oil mushrooms. Saute in a skillet over medium heat strong. When they have already lost the liquid and begin to brown, add the chopped garlic and thyme. Skip one or two minutes and incorporate all the stew.
7. Soft Bake uncovered and about 5-10 minutes for the flavors to come together. If the sauce is too liquid, remove the meat and mushrooms with a slotted spoon, reduce over high heat until it reaches body but is not too thick, and put it all together again.
8. Finish with parsley and chocolate, and stir gently until dissolved. Correct salt, cover and let sit at least one hour (it is best overnight). Serve hot with white rice, steamed or fried potatoes into cubes.