- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 60 grams confectioners’ sugar (about 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 20 grams Dutch-processed cocoa powder (about 1/4 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 55 grams dark brown sugar (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 30 grams coconut flakes (about 1/2 cup)
- 175 grams whole pecans (about 1 3/4 cups)
1.In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together 8 tablespoons butter and the confectioners’ sugar. Beat in the yolk until combined, then beat in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt. With the mixer running on low, beat in the dry ingredients until just combined. Scrape the dough into a ball and flatten into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
2.On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into an 11-inch round. Transfer to a 10-inch fluted tart pan. Chill 30 minutes.
3.Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the crust with foil or parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake 15 minutes; remove weights and foil and return crust to the oven to bake until dry to the touch, 5 to 10 minutes more. Cool.
4.Melt the remaining stick of butter. In a bowl, combine butter, honey, cream, brown sugar, egg, bourbon and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Pour filling into the crust. Bake until the top is golden brown and the filling is gently set, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool completely before serving.