Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins, providing twice the recommended daily allowance of vitamin day and nearly half the RDA of vitamin C. When storing the vegetable, keep it in a dry cool place but not in the refrigerator. Sweet potatoes are a tropical plant and the temperatures in the refrigerator can give it a hard core. Sweet potatoes can be baked and served in the same way you bake an Idaho potato.
- Preheat your oven to about 350 degrees.
- Clean the sweet potato with a vegetable brush and poke it a few times with a fork to let steam escape while it is in the oven.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and allow them to cook for about 50 minutes.
- Test the potatoes to see if they are done. They should feel slightly soft. If not, let the sweet potatoes bake a little longer, then test again
- Wash the sweet potato
- Pre-head oven to 350 degrees to allow the potatoes to bake 50 minutes