SEA BASS WITH COCONUT-CURRY SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 13 1/2- to 14-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 4 5- to 6-ounce sea bass fillets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and curry powder. Sauté mixture until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Mix in coconut milk and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and boil until liquid is reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 50 minutes. Add carrots; simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Preheat broiler. Place fish on baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer fish to plates. Spoon sauce over fish. Sprinkle with green onions.