1 butternut Squash
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 onion minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon sambal omelet or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup (250 ml) canned coconut
1 tomato diced
1 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C)
2. Peel the squash, seed it, then cut into cubes. Transfer the squash cubes to a baking dish. Set aside
3. In a pot over medium heat, heat the oil, then add the onions and cook until tender
4. Stir in the curry powder, samba omelet, maple syrup, mustard seeds, cinnamon, turmeric and cumin. Keep cooking for 2 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, them simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture over the squash.
7. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the squash is tender and golden brown on top. Enjoy